Bring your research to Tyson

 Tyson offers an ideal setting to conduct environmental research. Explore our infrastructure, natural resources, and existing projects to learn more about our facilities and the type of work being conducted here.

Please read our policies prior to submitting your application.

application to conduct research at Tyson

Name *
Phone *
Project Start date *
Project Start date
Project End date *
Project End date
Please describe any site manipulations required for your project
Please describe any sample collection and provide appropriate permit numbers (Missouri Department of Conservation, animal care protocols, etc)
Researchers are restricted to areas designated in the research plan and general support facilities. Researchers may request the use of exclusive study areas. If granted, access will be limited to Tyson staff for routine duties or emergencies only. Investigators studying animals must obtain a Wildlife Collectors Permit from the Missouri Department of Conservation. Endangered species require both state and federal permits. The Animal Studies Committee of Washington University must review all protocols involving the use of vertebrates in research, teaching, or demonstration projects. Washington University personnel must contact the Washington University Animal Studies Committee for information about submitting protocols for approval. Non-Washington University researchers may substitute an equivalent animal care protocol document, if approved, from the researcher's home institution. In such cases, please provide Washington University Tyson Research Center a copy of the home institution's approved animal care document. All field materials must be removed, all buildings cleared, and all gate access cards and keys must be returned at the conclusion of the study. Any publications resulting from work conducted at Tyson must acknowledge the contribution of Washington University Tyson Research Center. A PDF version of the paper should be emailed to the main office. *